I have in my sles 9 sp3 inittab:
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -r -t 4 now

but it is the same in my sles 9 sp1 guest

It did work but I guessing it's the guest not playing well with others.

I was at the Columbus meeting of MVRUG last time when Jim spoke of track,

but it was abit..let's not lie... much over my head. The stuff he  showed

that track could do really didn't mean much to me. Please don't take what
just said wrong but it would be like reading a Chinese newspaper to me. I
'm
sure it is full of good stuff but I don't understand it. And I had to get

back to work so 2 things happened.
1-I missed out on asking question at lunch and more importantly
2) I MISSED A FREE LUNCH.

thanks
Mace