On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:03:36AM -0400, Neale Ferguson wrote:
> zArchitecture has PACKA and UNPKA opcodes to pack and unpack decimal. Apart
> from CVB/CVD ED/EDMK I don't think there's anything that ties zArchitecture
> to EBCDIC (writing to consoles, HMCs etc. do require the correct character
> set but that's a different matter). That's why the port of Linux to S/390
> wasn't dogged by character set issues.

I keep putting off reading zPOP because the most advanced box we have
here is a 7060.  Thanks for the info, Neale.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg
  • ... David L. Craig
    • ... Phil Smith III
      • ... Neale Ferguson
    • ... JimElliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      • ... Neale Ferguson
      • ... Rob van der Heij
        • ... Adam Thornton
      • ... Dave Jones