On Monday, 05/01/2006 at 10:32 MST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> They seldom do consider the other meanings or pronunciations of acronyms
when
> assigning names. Some IBMers have gotten a good laugh at what we did
with
> DFSMS. Our pronunciation said it all - Doofus Mess.

No no no.  It's "DF it's a mess".

But imagine if carmakers used the same process IBM does:  You wouldn't buy
a Cadillac, you would buy "The Car - Bigger, Roomier, and More Powerful
Edition".

"z9"?  How about the "VSX 4000" instead?

-- Chuckie
  • ... JimElliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    • ... Neale Ferguson
    • ... Rob van der Heij
      • ... Adam Thornton
    • ... Dave Jones