DCSSRSAV, using DEFSEG, does not preserve the date/time stamp when doing
the restore.  Does anyone know of a way to change the date/time stamp of
a DCSS?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 3:47 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Simulated tape drive???

No. Even the relatively inexpensive but very good product VTAPE from
VSSI is not usable for SPXTAPE. I presume that the system doesn't like
the virtual tape drive that is necessary for mounting the virtual tape.

For saved segments, DCSSBKUP and DCSSRSAV (free) will work for all but
the ones that can be IPLed. If you are backing up those, perhaps VSEG
from CA will do the trick.

Regards,
Richard Schuh