Ed, You might want to check out the following URL:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/perf/tips/z890.html

A couple random thoughts:
* The new box should have enough extra processor
  to make up for the loss of I/O Assist.
* You have enough memory to get around the paging
  possibility of V=V.
* You might want to look at leveraging the
  additional memory for DIM exploitation.
* I assume you are using dedicated DASD to get
  the full benefit of V=R/F today. That also
  means no benefit from MDC. In your new
  environment, you might want to revisit that.
  But I would wait if it were my system.
* My traditional reminder: make as few changes
  as possible at one time.

Bill Bitner