Hello Bill,

        Comments on the random thoughts.

1)      z890 will 1.75 times the MP3000.

2)      Correct about the memory.

3)      Could you (would you) elaborate on DIMM exploitation?  DATA
spaces
        Or what else?

4)      About 50/50 on the dedicated devices.  We have a need to access
the
        VSE/VSAM files from z/VM Service machines.

5)      My original plan was to actually have both machines running and
working from the same external DASD.  Then Migrate from the internal
        DASD.
        I have been told that this is not an option now.

        I am pushing for one Escon channel to the new z890 to prove that

        everything will work, then switch over.  I am not comfortable
with
        a push-out and put-in switch over going from the MP3000
(internal       dasd/nic cards) to the z890 (all external dasd/OSA
adapters).

        Thanks for everyone's opinions and hints and tips.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]