Thanks for the journey down memory lane... I thought my first keypunch was an IBM Model 26 keypunch (the rounded battleship gray ones), but that actually came later.  My first exposure to a keypunch was during a "Data Processing 101" course in college, c. 1969.  Apparently I started on a model 29, then a model 129, then (good old real-life business, maybe in the Marines - can't remember for sure) used a model 26 for a bit.
It all came rushing back after visiting:
         http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/026.html and
         http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/029.html
My first computer use was writing FORTRAN on an IBM 360 Model 20 (I think), and I drooled at thought of all that power in an IBM 360 Model 45.  :-)

Mike

"Jim Bohnsack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

06/09/2006 02:54 PM

Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: DDR to standard labeled tapes

You must be a kid if you don't know what 5081 cards are or am I the only
one on the list who does?
Jim