We use IBM Personal Communications for 3270 emulation (PLEASE, I like it
and I also have absolutely NO SAY in what we use - let's not suggest
alternatives for this one problem).

When the Scroll Lock (or "ScrLk") key is (always accidentally) pressed
from an emulated 3270, odd and very frustrating things happen.  On my full
keyboards I always just pull the Scroll Lock keycap right off they
keyboard (along with the stupid Windows keys).

But my IBM X41 laptop has Scroll Lock (defined as the lower-case key) and
NumLock key (defined as the uppercase key) on the same key, so I cannot
readily pry that keycap off without losing NumLock, too.

PCOM's keyboard remapping utility won't allow you to re-map (or turn off)
the Scroll Lock key.  Has anyone else discovered a way to forcibly prevent
this cursed key from working while in a 3270 emulator session?  Thanks in
advance.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message,
including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.