> IBM MUST give an option. There are some products from IBM that uses VSAM/VM
> and how we should handle this? Netview Access is one of them. Change it
> means to re-think all our mainframe access.

My list of current uses of VSAM also included Netview.
The response of the product owner was "Netview for
VM has already been discontinued, so that doesn't count".

I just looked at the VM LP Matrix for 5.2 (Dec. 16, 2005),
http://www.vm.ibm.com/techinfo/lpmigr/vml12165.html
and it says both apparently contradictory statements:

- Removed End of Service from Netview V2 for VM/ESA V2.3.0. This
product is still supported.
- Added Discontinuance of Service date for VSE/VSAM (5686-081),
effective February 28, 2007.

In any case we have LOTS more using VSAM than Netview.

Shimon