Isn’t the CTC between VM/VTAM and MVS a PU4/5? It’ll burn CPU like crazy compared to doing the routing in the 3745, but it should work.

David Boyes

Sine Nomine Associates

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Strasser, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 4:30 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: LU 6.2 without a 3745?

My SNA networking folks tell me that all our 3745s are going away because the hardware is going out of support. We plan to use CTCs to connect VM/VTAM to an MVS system to route RJE, and most terminal sessions are already TN3270.

But we also have a CMS application that uses AVS to talk to an MVS application over LU 6.2., and I was told “For LU 6.2 sessions, there is no alternatives unless you have a PU 4/5.” It frankly seems very unlikely that we are just SOL on LU 6.2 without a 3745. What do we need to make this work?