Dennis,

Thanks for the feedback. These were all set to 1 in our NJEDEF. I have now got our MVS sysprog to set them all to 2 in the JES line definitions and I have set the RSCS streams parameter to 2. What I am not sure is how these relate together correct and if this is correct.

Should the RSCS streams be equal to JRNUM or the sum of JRNUM+JTNUM or is it OK if the RSCS streams is <= either of these values.

btw: we are still getting an error count (circa 0.5%) whatever we do with the link.

Jim did suggest a possible missing APAR but we are now bang up to date without any change.

Colin

Dennis Schaffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

Colin,

I believe the answer is the collection of the following JES2 parameters:
JRNUM, JTNUM, SRNUM, STNUM

These parameters define, respectively, the number of job receivers, job
transmitters, sysout receivers and sysout transmitters.  These parms can be
specified either as part of the LINE(xx) definition or as part of the
NJEDEF definition.  NJEDEF provides the installation-wide default which can
be individually overridden on the LINE definition.  We use NJEDEF, which is
why it wasn't specified in the LINE definition I sent you.

Dennis