Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Again, entirely dependent on your/its selection of code page.  There is a
>downside to use SET INPUT/SET OUTPUT: It doesn't apply when you FTP or do
>a 3270 File Transfer.

So, since I haven't seen it here (which doesn't mean that it hasn't been stated
and I just missed it), here's what you do when you find that a NOT doesn't work:

xedit junk file s
i ^        <---that's whatever you want to be the NOT sign, traditionally (but
not necessarily) <shift>6 with a US keyboard
<enter>
<enter>    <---to get out of INPUT mode
hextype

Note the character that went in as the NOT sign.  Then issue:

set input xx 5f

Where "xx" is the hex value of the character as displayed by HEXTYPE.

...phsiii