Hello!
It was indeed from the Pogo strip, and it was indeed said by a character in
it. Pogo himself. It was said in a strip that later became a cartoon short
film, on the subject of pollution caused by littering, specifically the
swamp they lived in. Which is of course is why you thought of Albert. I
always remember that scene in which Pogo surveys the mess that is being made
and promptly says, "We have met the enemy, and he is us.".

And is that beware of Geeks bearing gifts?
--
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi