On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:16:37 -0400, Bill Bitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>I tend not to just look at the hit ratio, but at the
>I/Os avoided. 50% hit ratio on 1000 I/Os per second is
>better than 90% hit ratio on 100 I/Os per second.

I do the same, but I'd like your thoughts on factoring in the read/write

ratio of a guest's I/O's and the extra overhead of cache write inserts

(11% is the figure I've seen).  I'd like to make approximate calculations

of the point at which it benefits an individual guest to stop using MDC.

And of course, a read miss followed by an I/O is more expensive than just

doing the I/O.

Brian Nielsen