> > >From CMS I can send files to RSCS with the name
> > of an SNA3270P printer in the TAG, or the name
> > of the SNANJE link which is our VSE system.
> >
> > In both cases the file prints at the expected printer.
> >
> > I have sent output from MVS to the SNA printers
> > by putting DEST=(RSCS,PRTNAME) on the
> > SYSPRINT DD, but if I try the same trick with
> > DEST=(RSCS,VSE) it fails.
> > Can someone explain to me why?
>
> Two things I see: the syntax of the DEST= option is wrong (unless
you're
> trying to deliver a file from MVS to user VSE on your VM system), and
> you're missing the necessary NJE routing to allow MVS to get files to
the
> VSE node via RSCS.

Expanding a bit more: NJE peer links (the SNANJE link you described)
expect to have a destination userid at the end system (not deliver to
the link name) in the NETDATA records in the file. On top of the routing
problem, it looks like RSCS has been allowing a default of blanks into
the NETDATA userid field when you sent the job to the SNANJE link to
VSE. VSE has then been dropping it into a VSE print queue by default.
MVS (correctly) doesn't seem to be putting in that default destination
userid, and RSCS doesn't do it because the file is passing through the
node via NJE, not to/from a user on the RSCS node (so it's not RSCS'
business to interfere or change the datastream in any way).

> The DEST= specification should be (nodename, user) (for file delivery)
or
> (nodename, linkname) (in the printer case). , and you'd have to
maintain a
> NJE routing table to indicate that node VSE is reachable via RSCS.

The configuration looks like this, right?:

VSE <--> RSCS <--> MVS

and your CMS users are submitting stuff to RSCS via CP TAG or SENDFILE.

Not sure of the exact syntax (away from manuals at the moment), but
something like this for every remote (ie, not directly connected NJE
node) needs to appear in the MVS NJE configuration.

ROUTE DEST=VSE, VIA=RSCS

Similar things need to happen on VSE to tell VSE to use link RSCS to
send stuff to MVS. I don't know much about VSE PNET NJE -- someone else
will have to help you there.

Then, your DEST card on MVS should read something like DEST=(VSE,PRT).
Ditto for POWER JECL.

-- db