Dennis,

When more than one path to a destination exists, and they have the same "cost" (as defined by the routing protocol), z/VM TCP/IP will round robin packets to that destination through the available paths.  For static routing, this behavior is controlled by the EQUALCOSTMULTIPATH parameter on the ASSORTEDPARMS statement.  For dynamic routing (MPRoute), this behavior is always enabled.  z/VM TCP/IP only does this on a per-packet basis (we are looking other options for the future).  A "hack" you can use to get around this, in your case, is to modify the COST0 parameter on one your OSPF_INTERFACE statements.  By forcing the links to have different costs, MPRoute will only use the path with the lowest total cost, and will no longer round-robin the packets.  In the event of adapter failure, MPRoute would fail-over to using the higher cost path.

Regards,
Miguel Delapaz
z/VM TCP/IP Development