Title: RE: Signal support

Alan any guess as how to enable it in z/VSE or that other OS?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU]On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:06 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Signal support

On Thursday, 08/03/2006 at 10:31 AST, "Horlick, Michael"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From the ?Running Guest Operating Systems? manual:
> >>
> The QUERY SIGNALS command can be used to determine whether a guest is
enabled
> to receive shutdown signals.
> <<
>
> How does a guest enable oneself for signal support ?

A CMS guest uses Romney's SHUTTRAP package from the VM Download library. A
Linux guest configures ctrlaltdel in the etc/inittab.

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com