On 9/8/06, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The other problem with DCSSBKUP and DCSSRSAV is that the DCSS creation time
stamp is not restored.  That and not being able to handle NSS's has put
those two programs on a really far, back burner for me.  It shouldn't be
rocket science for IBM to come up with a DCSS/NSS copy to/from disk with
time stamp retention, I wouldn't think.

While we're at it, let's wish for a generic spool file back/restore so
you can also do TRF files and what have you.
Some time ago I think we talked about the benefits of generic emulated
devices where a virtual machine does the emulation (FUSE, as Linux
calls that). If you could direct SPXTAPE to an emulated tape device,
the virtual machine could keep an index of saved files, issue commands
to backup new files, capture the data on a disk file.

Rob