Do you happen to have a new IBM DS8000 disk subsystem.  We had a similar
problem when we got ours.  The subsystem sends a lot records known as State
Change.  CP dumps the into the LOGREC stream.  We opened a PMR and have a
local fix that significantly reduces the number of these FXREC records.
There is no APAR/PTF.  I recommend opening a PMR to z/VM CP.

____________________________________
Rick Barlow
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Enterprise Business Intelligence Services
Mainframe, z/VM and zSeries Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-20-13
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5213    Fax: (614) 677-0821
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 09/13/2006
12:02:13 PM: