Colin,

Probably overkill for your needs... but useful information to stick in
your back pocket for later.
Macro 4  sells (barely, extremely poor marketing - can't find it on the
web site unless you know magic incantations) a product called VM/CMAP
(Command Monitor Analysis Product) that does a very thorough job of
monitoring and reporting command usage within CMS.

You can monitor pretty much any command (MODULE, EXEC, XEDIT macro, etc.)
if you have disk space to handle that much, or filter it down to just what
you care about.  The price is reasonable, perhaps paid for by license
costs for little-used products that you can eliminate.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Colin Allinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
09/15/2006 04:42 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Monitoring use of a saved segment

We have a product that is little used (ISPF) and would like to identify
who is actually using it.

I can do a Q NSS USERS ISPDCSS and occasionally see a user but this relies
on me catching the use.

Apart from doing sampling queries at regular intervals, is there anyway
that I can monitor more accurately the use of the saved segment?

Thanks in advance

Colin Allinson
Amadeus Data Processing

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.