Peter: In your client application use the cl G TR IUCV command. By playing with different options such as SIM/NOSIM you will be able to see the data flow. If the TCPIP machine is not production you can CP TRACE IUCV there, too, but don't do it in a production machine. The TRSOURCE/CPTRACE/ETRACE stuff is useful too especially for seeing the order and flow. But I don't see how you're going to get much program data out the CPTRACE unless you created an elaborate hook style trace.
David

Peter Rothman wrote:

We have an application (no source) that uses IUCV to communicate with
TCPIP.
I want to trace the data that gets sent back and forth so I can potentially
change this to use Rexx sockets which we will be able to support.

I opened a Q&A ETR - they pointed me to ETRACE, TRSOURCE and CPTRACE.

I looked at these but am having difficulty figuring out how they 'fit
together' so I can get what I want.
I also used the TCPIP IUCV trace option but in this case I did not get
anything displayed to the console.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.