The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 10/17/2006 11:13:33 AM:

> Is SMTP that comes with our TCP/IP on 5.2.0 RFC2821 and RFC2822
> compliant?
> Inquiring minds wanna know...
>

> Marcy Cortes

I don't belive any work was specifically done to update the server to be RFC 2821 and 2822 compliant; and I imagine that wouldn't happen unless we got a requirement to do that.  In fact, I imagine a requirement that begins: "The SMTP server should support the following aspects of RFCS 2821 and 2822..." (with business impacts etc) would be more likely to be accepted than a requirement that simply says: "The SMTP server should be compliant with RFCs 2821 and 2822".

That being said, are there aspects of those RFCs that you need supported that our current implementation does not support?

Regards,
Miguel Delapaz
z/VM TCP/IP Development