Shimon Lebowitz wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006 at 14:52, Romanowski, John (OFT) wrote:

Shimon, Is the 5.2 system a guest of 4.4 (not sure from your post)?
If so, I would DFSMSRM MOUNT the tape to the guest userid and
on 5.2 system just ATTACH the tape drive to MAINT at 181 and use
the
virtual cartridge.  Skip the NOASSIGN stuff.

I guess I really was not clear, my apologies.

The 4.4 and 5.2 are 2 different LPARs. 5.2 can only run
in 64bit mode, and our 4.4 is 31bit, so 2nd level is out.

Do you really mean different LPARs on different machines, or on the same machine, because if it's the latter, I'd better not tell my test 5.2 system, it can't run on my 4.4 production system on our z9. <grin>

Kim Goldenberg
State of NJ - OIT