STORAGE has always been bogus.  They finally took it out.

The biggest conversion problem I've had, so far, in upgrading from
z/.VM 5.1 to z/VM 5.2 is the changes that were made to the IND command.
Not a show stopper.  But it is going to take a while to rework the "ind
user xxxx exp" output.  I think there is some new goodies in there.

I'm hoping that 5.2 has some commands that relate dataspace
utilization.  Like how many pages of a dataspace are in memory, how many
are on the paging device, how many never used.

I'm still hoping for a performance monitor, but in the mean time,
knowing that some Linux image, went wild (get the video tape or DVD,
"Linux image gone wild!"), and started using up lots of dataspace pages
(for swapping).  And since you can't get them back, easily, without
taking the Linux image down,l it becomes important to find and correct
these problems, before paging becomes too full.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/13/2006 10:36 AM >>>
Hello,
     I'm debugging an old REXX exec which fails in z/VM 5.2 with the
following command:

'PIPE CP IND LOAD',
   '| locate /STORAGE-/',
   '| xlate - blank % blank',
   '| specs w2 1',
   '| var PctStorage'

It looks like the STORAGE utilization output is missing. Does anyone
know of
another way to obtain this from within a REXX exec?

Thanks, Craig