On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:14:37 -0500 David Boyes said:
>Have the machine that has access to the printer share it as a name that does
>not have spaces in it. The Windows LPD will honor shared names as well as
>the original name.

David -

Your solution worked great when testing on a local network printer
but when I tried to share the IPP printer I got this message"
"Sharing is not supported for this type of printer"

I tried creating a short cut but that doesn't work either.

So I'm going to try and get the vendor to change the spaces in the
printer name to underscores.  I might also open a PMR and ask IBM to
support printer names with embedded spaces in the name.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 43 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"