On Thursday, 12/14/2006 at 08:36 EST, Fran Hensler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Your solution worked great when testing on a local network printer
> but when I tried to share the IPP printer I got this message"
> "Sharing is not supported for this type of printer"
>
> I tried creating a short cut but that doesn't work either.
>
> So I'm going to try and get the vendor to change the spaces in the
> printer name to underscores.  I might also open a PMR and ask IBM to
> support printer names with embedded spaces in the name.

While you get it straightened out, you can use TCPSNIFF (VM download
library?) to act as an LPR proxy, changing RSCS-specifed underscores to
blanks on the way to the printer.

However, using blanks in LPR queue names violates RFC 1179 (LPR), since
blanks are significant to the protocol for 'query' and 'remove' functions.