I have a file containing records that look like this:

        DELETE USER JOEUSER  fpid (TYPE NOCONFIRM

This file is read by a pipe and the commands passed to a stage for
execution. I have seen and heard the arguments for using COMMAND vs. CMS
stages, so I passed the records to COMMAND (as in 'PIPE < fid | command
| cons'.) Nothing happens as a result. If I change the COMMAND stage to
CMS, the commands are acted upon. Funny thing, an appended command of
"ERASE fid" does get executed in either instance. There must be some
simple explanation for what is happening, but I must be even simpler.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Richard Schuh