On Thursday, 12/14/2006 at 02:49 PST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Irrelevant in this case. Translation is a by-product, not the main
> thrust, of the command environment. In any event, the commands entered
> were all upper case. The problem is that either CMS does not recognize
> SFS administrative commands (and who knows what others) when entered
> from the Pipelines COMMAND filter, or Pipelines is screwed up. There is
> no separate command environment for these commands, so they must be CMS
> commands, and should be so treated, by both Pipelines and CMS.
>
> Try the experiment of executing the DELETE USER command from within the
> "address command" environment. It will work.

nucxmap delete
DMSNXM941I Nucleus extension DELETE is not loaded
Ready;

execmap delete
DMSEXM416W There are no DELETE * EXECs storage resident
Ready(00028);

listfile delete * *
DMSLST002E File not found
Ready(00028);

type temp file
DELETE USER ABC (TYPE NOCONFIRM
Ready;

pipe < temp file a | CMS | cons
DMSJDE1139E You are not authorized to issue this command
Ready(00076);

pipe < temp file a | command | cons
Ready(00076);

The command is executing in either case (fails, of course, but it
executes).  Naturally my version of Pipes is vanilla-flavored.  :-)