From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Walter
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:17 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: COMMAND vs. CMS

Shot_in_the_dark: ON
Not sure of this, because we do not do a lot with SFS here, but could
the SFS commands somehow be treated as CP commands?
>From PIPE HELP COMMAND (in part):
---<snip>---
The  response  from  the  CMS  commands  is not written to the terminal.
The
response from each command is buffered until the command  ends  and  is
then
written  to  the  primary  output  stream.    "command"  does  not
intercept
CP-generated terminal output.

---<snip>---
Note the last sentence.
Shot_in_the_dark: OFF

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

12/14/2006 04:49 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: COMMAND vs. CMS

Irrelevant in this case. Translation is a by-product, not the main
thrust, of the command environment. In any event, the commands entered
were all upper case. The problem is that either CMS does not recognize
SFS administrative commands (and who knows what others) when entered
from the Pipelines COMMAND filter, or Pipelines is screwed up. There is
no separate command environment for these commands, so they must be CMS
commands, and should be so treated, by both Pipelines and CMS.

Try the experiment of executing the DELETE USER command from within the
"address command" environment. It will work.