On Tuesday, 12/19/2006 at 03:54 EST, Richard Troth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Cindy Loo Who asked if z/OS is using BIND now and if that could run on
> OpenVM. She's a bright kid!

"Why, Santy Claus, why?" said Cindy Loo Who, who's no more than two.  Yes,
Virginia, z/OS uses BIND.  It's not a question of whether we can cradle
the z/OS version, it is a question of whether people find a native DNS
server sufficiently useful to distract us from things like ssh, IPv6,
IPsec, improving SSL/TLS infrastructure and capability, encrypting dumps,
or <your fave requirement>.

And if the virtual grass is always going to be greener on the other side,
what to do?  Should I stop mowing the lawn? (I admit to not wanting to
answer the question "Should we run a DNS server on VM?" any more.)