On Dec 19, 2006, at 9:25 PM, Jack Woehr wrote:

Adam Thornton wrote:
Yes, unless you tossed in a minimal DNS server, say in a 16M Linux guest with, say, a tiny little filesystem in a shared segment.
It's called 'Bind'

Well, no.

A minimal DNS server would be, say, tinydns. But then you'd have to deal with djbware. Or, you know, several of the things listed at http://www.debianadmin.com/open-source-domain-name-systemdns- servers.html.

bind is, these days, anything but minimal. Don't get me wrong--I like bind9 quite a bit. But it's kinda...well...it's gonna have to let that prom dress out a little, is what I mean. And I'd say it has a nice personality, only, um, it's only slightly less cranky than djbware, really.

However, as Chuckie has pointed out, my post is moot because IBM is not going to get into the Linux distribution market.

So...has anyone invested any time in a CMS port (OpenVM or otherwise) of one of the lightweight DNS servers?

Adam