On Sunday, 12/31/2006 at 02:00 CET, Zoltan Balogh
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to swich user (normally or with logon by method) without
> logoff under z/VM?
> I find passthru but it seems not for this kind of problem..

No, there is no built-in "hot key" function in CP maintain multiple
terminal sessions on a single (real or logical) connection.  I suggest one
of the following (in order of preference):

1. Create another emulator session to connect to VM and use your
emulator's own "jump next" key to switch between sessions.

2. If you are connected to a 3270 terminal controller (e.g. 3174), use the
Multiple Logical Terminal (MLT) function of the controller to perform the
switch function.

3. Download the YVETTE package from the VM Download Library.  You can
program a PF/PA key to act as the "jump next" key.