Sounds like a firewall issue to me. Has anything changed in that arena
since then?

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian France
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 11:00 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: FTP, FTPSERVER, cornfusion...

Folks,
   Long time ago back when I was vm 5.1, we followed the vm/linux
install cookbook from Mike MacIsaac. Now I'm vm 5.2, am following the
cookbook again cause we have another physical box with an IFL on and I
want to set up a vm with linux images there. I can not do a PUT or LS to
my lnxmaint image. I can FTP to it and I did have firewall issues that I
got rid of to do that, but those commands just sit there. IF I go to my
vm machine lnxmaint, FTP to my laptop, I can do a GET. Therefore I'm
thinking my FTPSERVER on VM is not right but I can not seem to find
anything in a log that says that. I'm looking for ideas. Is something
different between vm 5.1 and vm 5.2 that I missed? THANX in advance....