Is an "alert" to Tivoli Business Systems Manager in the form of a text message. I send text messages to pagers and cell phones from VM. I build the message, depending on what is going on and then just do a sendfile to the recipient using the (SMTP option.
Jim

O'Brien, Dennis L wrote:
One of our operators has asked if there's a way to send alerts from VM
to Tivoli Business Systems Manager.  I looked at IBM's web site, and it
lists products for z/OS and distributed systems that can send alerts,
but doesn't mention VM.  Is there a product or home-grown solution that
will do this?  We're running VM:Operator on VM, but the operators won't
watch the consoles.

                                                       Dennis O'Brien

The world is full of fools and faint hearts; and yet everyone has
courage enough to bear the misfortunes, and wisdom enough to manage the
affairs, of his neighbor.  -- Benjamin Franklin

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University