Aria Bamdad sent me an email suggesting that since tracing is CPU
intensive I should turn it off.  I went into PROFILE TCPIP and found
that I have:   NOTRACE ALL

But every telnet connection appears in the console for TCPIP.
It also had the message about the DATABUFFERSIZE being too small.

So apparently you don't need to turn on TRACE to get these messages.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 43 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"