You need to issue WAKEUP +0 (IUCVMSG before you send the command to the
primary machine.
Then in your REXX exec, loop on WAKEUP +xx (IUCVMSG  while rc=5
At the end, issue WALEUP RESET
The hard thing is knowing when the primary machine has fisched sending its
response (i.e. having a value for +nn)

You can also use PIPE STARMSG as alternative to WAKEUP.