On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:54:19 -0800, Dave Wade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I wonder why you need two LDAP directories. AD is
>basically an LDAP directory. You use LDAP to access it
>like any other LDAP directory. As usual for MS it
>chooses to implement things in a different, but
>perfectly legal way. If you have multiple domains you
>may need to use other protocols to access.
>
>Dave
>========================

I wonder why, too. I did ask, but all I got was "for historical reasons".

This is a big shop that grew mostly by mergers and acquisitions. Some
people listen to Microsoft and some people listen to Solaris and some
people listen to the z/OS part of IBM and some people listen to the Tivol
part of IBM, etc.

But mostly I am looking for anyone who has actually tried to use CMS with

Active Directory, either for authorization or to extract data out of the

LDAP directory.