"Ian S. Worthington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have some execs that call a vendor module that, in turn, invokes other
>execs as user exits.

>If I set EXECTRAC ON my initial execs are correctly traced.  But the other
>execs invoked out of the vendor module are not.

>I'm not sure how this later invocation works but I'm guessing that the module
>has to setup some sort of environment specification before starting the user
>exits, and that that environment does not inherit my setting of EXECTRAC.

>Is there anyway I can make it do so?  Or, failing that, is there any easy
>change I can request the vendor to make inherit this setting?  Or would it a
>major job for them?

Since you have control of the exit execs, just temporarily add the line:

   Trace All

to the exec,  possibly saving the modified exec on a disk earlier in the
search order.  Or if you really really want to see a lot of trace info,
do a Trace I.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67