Advantages of FIXDATE as oppsoed to native use of DMSPLU:

  - You don't get an ABEND when trying to update a file on a R/O disk
  (DMSPLU was fixed in newer CMS levels)
  - You get an errormsg instead of only RC 24 when something fails
  - One can use = signs to keep date or time as it currently is
  - One can use an ISODATE as date input (really nice when running
  FIXDATE from inside FILELIST (ISODATE)
  - With SHORTDATE: no need to pass leading 0's in date or time

But indeed, for use inside another EXEC, DMSPLU is as good (or even better)
as my FIXDATE EXEC,(better as you avoid a dependance).

If you like CSL: there is a routine available, but I don't know its name.
--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support