From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 2:59 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Programmable operator

You need to trap the message "RDR FILE FROM" in class 3 ("async CP
message").  A problem is that when a RDR file arrives when the PROP
machine would not be active, your action routine will not see the RDR
file.  Therefore, an action routine for RDR files should be able to
handle more than 1 file sitting in the reader.  This way, when a new
file arrives it will handle all files it didn't see yet.

For this reason, a server that uses WAKEUP (RDR is better suited.
WAKEUP will wake up when new files arrive as well as when old files are
waiting in the RDR queue.  Have a look at my RxSERVER package on VM's
download lib.  The stanbard code we deliver will react to RDR files, and
will check authority etc.  For special handling ( i.e. more than simply
receiving it on the A-disk) you have to insert some REXX lines at the
provided exit points.

2007/4/9, Tom Duerbusch < [EMAIL PROTECTED]