On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 02:00:28PM -0400, David Kreuter wrote:

> Was this the stuff 'bout changing CCWs downstream
> through one of the DIAG interfaces?

Yes.  I believe the exploit was called Hugo.  Melinda Varian
had something to do with its analysis.  The details were kept
pretty quiet.  You can probably find out more in the VMSHARE
archives.  I'm sure any systems that were cracked were never
public knowledge, whether by Hugo, default passwords on
privileged accounts, or some other technique.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg