On Tue, 1 May 2007 13:41:35 -0400, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

>I don't think that's going to work.  The CMS NFS client is for BFS files

>only.  You want SFS.  Really.  Select the right tool for the job.
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott

I agree with Alan that SFS is the best approach, but if there is a reason

that won't work then multiple writers *can* share a minidisk using CMS's

NFS client. Any number of CMS users can have the minidisk NFS-mounted in

read-write mode and update files at the same time. In this case, it is th
VMNFS server machine that owns the write link.

From CMS the minidisk appears to be part of the BFS directory structure

after it is NFS-mounted so you do have to know a couple of tricks to use

tools like XEDIT in the BFS environment. Some hints are available at
http://www.vm.ibm.com/NFS/nfscz31.html. If you go this route, you may wan
to take time to read the "Notes for Minidisk Files" in Chapter 9 Using th
Network File System Commands in the TCP/IP User's Guide.

Mary Ellen Carollo