From: Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CP TERM ESCAPE not working when setting PER

> In an IBM-provided  default virtual machine, the linened character is the
> pound-sign (aka "hash", the "#").
> Perhaps someone modified the setting for the virtual machine in which you
> are entering this command.
>
> To find out, issue: CP Query TERMinal
> You can either change your command to comply with the Virtual Machine's
> setting for "LINEND", or change the LINEND character (CP TERMINAL LINEND
> char).  If you change the setting, be sure to change it back when done.
> It's not polite to change a virtual machine and not put it back when done.
>
> Regarding the ESCAPE character, are you sure that the "special" characters
> you are setting are not being changed by whatever 3270 emulator product
> you are using, or a communications translation table?
>
> Mike Walter
> Hewitt Associates
> Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
> represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.
>

> "Ian S. Worthington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
> 05/07/2007 11:28 AM
> Please respond to
> "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

> IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> cc
>
> Subject
> CP TERM ESCAPE not working when setting PER
>

> I'm setting a PER INST using the command:
>
> diag(8,'PER INST RANGE ... CMD DISP ... TO.1000;BASEB')
>
> Semicolon is, however, the CP LINEND character, so when the PER fires it
> isn't
> working correctly: the BASEB is considered a new command.
>
> So I set an ESCAPE character (tried both x'ff' and accent grave), prefixed
> the
> semicolon with it, and got exactly the same error.  Only by changing the
> LINEND character to something else would this work correctly.
>
> Can someone explain to me why the ESCAPE character didn't work correctly
> here
> and suggest how to fix it (other than changing the LINEND character)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian S Worthington
> ..
>
> http://isw.me.uk/
>
> Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, sed dulcius pro patria vivere, et
> dulcissimus pro patria biber. Ergo, bibiamo pro salute patriae.
>

> The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of
this message by anyone other than the intended recipient