Maybe you need to use x'15' (the linend character) instead and also
SET D8ONECMD OFF  ?

On 5/7/07, Ian S. Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Mike --

Yep, I'm aware of that.  It was I who changed it for this machine because
using "#" caused other (more frequent) problems. Using ";" at least is
compatible with TSO, and I'd never known it give problems.  I'd rather not
have to retrain the folks who use it: we had enough problems getting them
accustomed to ";"

I'm pretty sure the its going in ok: the same exec that sets "`" as the escape
also prefixes the semicolon, so if its different, its the same difference.

When I issue it from the command line it's fine:

A ;B  -- invokes two execs A and B
A `;B -- invokes the exec A passing ;B as an argument

I'm not familiar with the diag() interface though.  Could that be causing
problems?

ian

Bruce Hayden
IBM Global Technology Services, System z Linux
Endicott, NY