> I use "VMFCOPY ... (OLDDATE PRODID xxxxxxxx%yyyy" to copy any
third-party,
> home-grown, or misc IBM program product files to the Y-disk, where
> xxxxxxxx%yyyy is a productname/componentid (made up where necessary),
so
> that VMSES PARTCAT Y shows a complete inventory of the disk.

This triggered a random thought:

Could IBM reserve a specific SES product ID like 9999ZZZ1 or something
like that for local packages, and provide us with a "shell" SES package
that we could use to generate our own SES component install packages? It
would be really cool to be able to package up handy user-written stuff
and have it managed with the same processes and tools as the IBM stuff.

If so, how to do this would make a *killer* WAVV/zExpo presentation for
someone from the Endicott packaging staff.... Colleen? Somebody?

-- db