From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:11 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FTPing to z/VM

On Wednesday, 06/20/2007 at 06:15 AST, David Boyes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> You don't have to. It's just more useful if you do.
>
> You have to modify CHKIPADR if you want the server to present the
user's
home
> filespace by default on succesful authentication.

If you don't specify a default directory in CHKIPADR, the default is
<userid>.191.  Since the userid is passed to CHKIPADR, creating a
default
directory of "<server>:<userid>." is easy.

As an aside, I also use CHKIPADR to set LISTFORMAT UNIX for those who
use
non-VM-aware FTP clients like FileZilla.  At some point I should
consider
changing my SRVRFTP CONFIG to have LISTFORMAT UNIX and SYSTEMGREETING
OFF
so that auto-detect FTP clients won't get confused.