Thanks Rob.

        We needed  the password. Now the command goes, we have an error

Requesting TCPIP to accept 'PROFILE TCPIP *' on TCPMAINT 0198 ...
RDR FILE 0064 SENT FROM TCPIP    PUN WAS 0036 RECS 0053 CPY  001 A NOHOLD
NOKEEP
TCPIP says: Configuration error. Details are in PROFILE TCPERROR.
Ready(00004); T=0.01/0.01 11:24:52

        Where can i find   "PROFILE TCPERROR"?? We did "FILEL PROFILE
TCPERROR * "  but we can´t file this file.
        I understand what you said, "To do an OBEYFILE to the whole
PROFILE probably gives and an error", but we want to know
        how we can do to read the error.

In Z/OS no problems OBEYFILinf the whole PROFILE, neither seeing errors.

Re: Problems wit h OBEYFILE

Rob van der Heij
Para:
IBMVM
29/06/2007 10:54

Cco:
Miguel Villar González

De:
Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Para:
IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

Cco:
Miguel Villar González/5131-Sistemas Informáticos/BPastor

Enviado por:
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

On 6/29/07, Miguel Villar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> obeyfile profile tcpip d1
>
> VM TCP/IP Obeyfile
> Requesting TCPIP to accept 'PROFILE TCPIP *' on TCPMAINT 0198 ...
> TCPIP says: Minidisk not available
> Ready(00008); T=0.01/0.01 10:39:28

Have a look at the console log of the TCPIP virtual machine. It
probably will tell you the TCPMAINT 198 has a read password that
should be specified on the OBEYFILE command to allow access. When you
have RACF it needs a permit to be able to link to the disk.

But... I am not sure you can in general make it work like this. Many
of the sections in the TCPIP PROFILE can not be repeated like that
(but it may be that you only get error messages for which cannot be
done).

The way I normally do this is
* create the new PROFILE TCPIP on the TCPMAINT A-disk.
* Compose a new file which has the differences in the way it would
work with OBEYFILE (also on TCPMAINT A-disk) and issue OBEYFILE
against that (with the read password of the disk)
* When I can still get to the system (so I did not break the stack) I
put the new PROFILE TCPIP on the TCPMAINT 198 and let TCPIP pick it up
there at next restart.

The good thing about this is that a FORCE / XAUTOLOG of TCPIP will get
it to what it was before you started the changes. The bad thing is
that you need to manually verify you extracted the right things as
being changed. Alternative is to recycle VM TCP/IP to activate changes
(with all nasty implications).

Rob

AVISO LEGAL:
información reservada y/o CONFIDENCIAL. Si Vd. no es el destinatario
original no está autorizado a copiar o distribuir esta comunicación a
ninguna otra persona. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos
nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su borrado.
Gracias.
DISCLAIMER:
immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it. Thank you.