Hi Mike

I am not a VM expert by any means, but here goes:

A user issues 3 SMSG commands to a disconnected machine.  This service
machine has the ability to send files (monitor and account data) to MVS
or write files to a users CMS disk.  The SMSG issues a TRANSFER to the
service machine providing the file names and their locations.  In this
instance, the files are being written to a CMS disk.

The first SMSG command executes successfully, but the second and third
get the HCPMFS057I message.

>From what I am seeing in other responses on the LISTSERV, it looks like
a VMCF AUTHORIZE issue.

Thanks