For your first change, you also need to look at the CNTLUNIT definition to
make sure that the UNITADD range is large enough to expand your devices.
If not, you can use a MODIFY CU command to expand the range.  Once the
CNTLUNIT range is large enough, your DEFINE DEVICE will work fine.

For your CHPID change, you cannot change a converted CHPID.  You would have
to take the devices offline, delete the IODEVICES, CNTLUNIT and CHPID and
then add them all again.

____________________________________
Rick Barlow
Senior z/VM Systems Programmer
Nationwide Services Co., Web-zLinux Support,
z/VM and System z Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  MB-02-201
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5213    Fax: (614) 249-3912
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 08/08/2007
01:07:31 PM: