On 8 Aug 2007 at 13:04, Rick Barlow wrote:

> For your first change, you also need to look at the CNTLUNIT definition to
> make sure that the UNITADD range is large enough to expand your devices.
> If not, you can use a MODIFY CU command to expand the range.  Once the
> CNTLUNIT range is large enough, your DEFINE DEVICE will work fine.

I didn't think I *had* a range defined, so I went back and checked.
Right! I don't...
But I looked in the manual now and saw:

> IOCP ignores the UNITADD keyword for control units attached to CFS, CFP, |
> CBS, CBP, ICP, OSC, OSD, OSE, FCP, or IQD channel paths. IOCP defines |
> unit addresses 00–FE for control units attached to OSD or OSE channel
> paths. | IOCP defines unit addresses 00-FD for control units attached to
> FCP or OSC | channel paths. IOCP defines unit addresses 00-FF for control
> units attached to IQD channel paths.

So, for the OSD I guess I am ready to go. :-)

> For your CHPID change, you cannot change a converted CHPID.  You would have
> to take the devices offline, delete the IODEVICES, CNTLUNIT and CHPID and
> then add them all again.

This is unfortunate but manageable.

Thanks!
Shimon

**
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308
**